Talk

Advanced search

How do you potty train when...............

(13 Posts)
Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 13:52:14

DD keeps jumping on armchair, there's toys all over the floor, DD and DS keep fighting, messing about. and you have housework that needs doing?
Any help, hints and tips gratefully received!
DD is 2yr 8mnth and ds is 7yrs

Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 16:17:09

Have given up at the moment. Instead spent afternoon clearing toys(lots of small toy cars) from floor and putting them in ds bedroom. Then set up dcs chosen toy to play with but dd keeps getting a mood on with her toy. Sheer frustration I think, anyway I must go and do tea. will Try again with potty training later OR tomorrow.

Cleverything Sun 07-Aug-11 16:18:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jamaisjedors Sun 07-Aug-11 16:21:27

Set the kitchen timer for every half hour to remind you to take her.

Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 19:14:15

Yes she will wear pants(only started today) but at the moment she's taken them off. Done no wees or poos yet.

Cleverything Sun 07-Aug-11 19:31:17

Cleverything Sun 07-Aug-11 19:31:18

Cleverything Sun 07-Aug-11 19:31:38

Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 19:44:08

Thanks for your replies. we've just put nappy on for bedtime so will try again tomorrow.
Cleverything Nice to know your ds same age. doing well to go on toilet!

tethersend Sun 07-Aug-11 19:51:29

Am right there with you with Nov 08 DD. She's just started getting very anxious about having no nappy on, so I am not going to force it and will try again in a couple of weeks.

I have no idea what I'm doing though.

Magna Sun 07-Aug-11 19:52:55

Good luck for tomorrow.

I can understand what you are going through. My DS2 has just turned 3 (end July 08) and has been dry during the day and most nights for only 5 weeks. We tried to potty train and he wouldn't go anywhere near a toilet or potty hmm

5 weeks ago he decided that he wanted pants on like his brother and after a few accidents the first week he has been brilliant.

All of a sudden it just seemed to click with him so keep calm and your DD will get there.

Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 20:05:49

Tethersend Nice to hear from people with the same age dc. We will probably be going through similar problems around the same time.

Mummystootired Sun 07-Aug-11 20:39:35

Thanks Magna. She's in bed now, asleep.smile
TIA to anyone else who might reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now