Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a portable potty?

(7 Posts)
Elpis Sun 24-Jul-11 07:04:06

We have one Baby Bjorn throne and a smaller, basic one that I lug along on outings, but I'm taking DD on holiday via train and ferry next month as a foot passenger, so I'd prefer something foldable or collapsible. Can anyone recommend one?

Shipscat Sun 24-Jul-11 07:29:27

The Tommee Tippee one is fab, I think it's the Potette.

Arion Sun 24-Jul-11 07:35:31

I second the potette, it's fab! You can use it as a potty with the bags (no mess if you need to use in car lay-by / no bin straight away as just knot the used bag) or it works as a trainer seat for the toilet without the bags.

OfflineFor30Years Sun 24-Jul-11 07:35:47

We used this one. Really, really handy and easy to carry around.

Arion Sun 24-Jul-11 07:42:59

Yes, that's the one Offline. There's 7 from our NCT group who still meet up and we've all got one - can't beat them! DD is nearly 4 but we still have it in the car for long car journeys as a backup.

Elpis Sun 24-Jul-11 15:10:30

Thanks so much! I'll order one shortly. She's 15 kilos and still wants to be carried occasionally, so this trip is going to be a challenge. But if neither of us throw up on the overnight ferry ( I'm wondering if I'm pregnant), I shall be happy.

NedSchneebly Sun 24-Jul-11 20:43:16

Potette excellent- we still take ours to church for DS as no toilets!

Do not bother buying official liners - IMO too expensive and can be replicated with a small bin liner and a few sheets of folded kitchen roll.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: