Talk

Advanced search

Nappy not lasting the night - help!

(12 Posts)
Bigglewinkle Mon 18-Jul-11 08:03:43

Hoping this is the right place to post...
My 2.3 DS is waking up completely wet through every morning. I've had to buy more sheets to keep up with the laundry!
I've tried pampers, boots, huggies, nature babycare. None of them keep him dry even though they claim 12h dryness
He still has his milk (about 200ml) at night but still eats a good breakfast so I'm wary of cutting that down.
Any advice please?

Biscuitsandtea Mon 18-Jul-11 09:20:22

I know how frustrating that can be. We had always used Pampers Baby Dry at night and up until about Christmas that worked fine. Then they just seemed to start leaking every night. Like you - we had to buy extra sheets and I was literally washing his bedding every single day. However, we tried Huggies and they seem to be working. I know it sounds mad but it may just be a matter of trying a different brand (even though you've already tried a lot)?

I've heard good things about Asda own brand (never tried them though) and Tescos (again never tried them).

If that doesn't work could you try double nappies? Or cutting down other drinks later in the day. I tried giving DS his milk a bit earlier than right at bedtime so he might have got rid of some of it - not sure whether it made any difference but I'd give him his milk sort of 40mins-1hr before bed rather than literally as we were reading a story to get into bed.

Creamandcustard Mon 18-Jul-11 09:24:42

I used to get this with ds2. He used to pull his willy out of the side of his nappy and then wee everywhere hmm

The other thing we did, as biscuits said, was give him milk earlier then change his nappy again just before bed.

These things did help but the real solution was potty training which meant we could get him to empty his bladder last thing at night and he would get up and wee first thing in the morning. Good luck!

Bigglewinkle Mon 18-Jul-11 22:54:33

Well milk administered an hour early and he even did a big wee in the potty! Finger's crossed this works as he's only got a maternity pad under his sheet because his waterproof covers are still drying (blinking rain!!)

Biscuitsandtea Tue 19-Jul-11 00:22:31

Good luck! Oh yes, I had to buy another waterproof mattress cover too - not blooming tumble dryer-able are they!!

beanlet Tue 19-Jul-11 00:33:56

Have you tried the outer layer of a reusable nappy (e.g. a bum genius) over the top of the disposable? That worked brilliantly for us when DS started weeing for England.

BearBehavingBadly Tue 19-Jul-11 01:05:29

Have you tried going up a nappy size at night?
This worked with DD when she was still in nappies.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 19-Jul-11 01:09:05

Lidl nappies, and the pampers bed mats, plus 3 layers of sheets on the bed so you can just pull one off when it's wet.

it's stopped now.. lasted about 3 months

Imnotaslimjim Tue 19-Jul-11 01:13:28

Try changing his nappy as you go to bed. A couple of tries will have you doing it without waking them. It'll cost you more in nappies, but not as much as its costing you in electric keeping up with the laundry! Oh, and I always used Asda's little angels. We tried pampers and huggies and found the Asda's to be better

Bigglewinkle Tue 19-Jul-11 11:39:10

Sadly no Asda near us, but early milk tactic worked.
He's on biggest nappy size so will try reusable cover while we're on hol (going away this fri to self catering cottage - and have to take own sheets - so I'll have to fix this before then or I'll be spending the week washing!)

nannyl Wed 20-Jul-11 08:45:08

can i suggest going to mothercare and buying some disposable nappy bad inserts (that you use with their smat nappy system)

Stick one of those in the disposable nappy to make it much more absorbant.

OR convert to cloth, buy a shaped bamboo nappy and boost boost boost with hemp and bamboo boosters and an airflow wrap smile (though may not work by friday.... those cloth nappies dont reach full absorbancy until about 10 washes +

Pelvicflooragogo Fri 22-Jul-11 23:52:07

Top tip from a friend - rather than 8 quid for not very many mothercare bed pads how about puppy training pads - way cheaper! Also You could cut down the milk - he won't be needing it for nutritional needs so you could slowly wean it down to more like 100mls - that's what my nearly 3yo is on now and sometimes he forgets to even ask for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now