Talk

Advanced search

Dry 4 yr old suddenly wetting!

(3 Posts)
PGTip Thu 14-Jul-11 07:33:10

My DS is 4, he's been dry since 2.7 (day) and at night since about 3.7. However we are now having lots of accidents, usually when he's engrossed in something admittedly, but when I say anything to him he says he likes wetting himself? Have tried bribery which works for a bit. He starts school in Sept and want to nip it in the bud before then.

girlywhirly Thu 14-Jul-11 08:23:08

You could try making him clean and change himself, and clean any mess he's made. Remove whatever he was playing with/switch off TV/DVD etc. I think after a few times, he will decide it is quicker and less hassle to just go to the loo. When you're 4, it takes ages to wash and change yourself and mop floor/clean carpet, etc, time that could have been used for playing you point out to him. And he will learn that actions sometimes have unpleasant consequences.

I would consider if there are any worries he has about starting school, he may have said he likes wetting himself to get attention! but if you're sure it is just laziness try the above.

PGTip Thu 14-Jul-11 09:15:11

Never thought to get him to clean himself and puddle up, thanks girly will def give that a try. TV/DVD not the problem, it's when he's playing in the garden or with his trains and he gets too engrossed in his play. He dances around when he needs to go so as long as someone us watching him they can remind him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now