Talk

Advanced search

Is he ready?

(3 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 12-Jul-11 09:24:23

Ds is 2.3yo. He can tell me if he has done a leaky poo, its very obvious when he's doing a more solid poo and he will sometimes tell me he's done a wee.
He's done a wee on the potty a few times before bath but that's more luck than judgement i think.
is he ready?
What were the signs yours were ready for successful potty training?

Ta! smile
<desperate to get it done during the summer so i can dry everything quickyl!>

RuthChan Tue 12-Jul-11 19:04:43

It sounds like he might well be ready.

The normal signs are:
Showing awareness of own weeing and pooing, by hiding or asking for a nappy change.
Having a reasonable time gap between wees.
Being able to communicate well enough to tell you when he needs a wee or poo.
Showing interest in the potty.

It sounds like he is about ready, so maybe you want to give it a try.
You can leave him for a day without a nappy on and with a potty near by.
Ask him every 20 to 30 mins if he wants a wee and encourage him to sit down on the potty.
If it goes well, you can do that for 4 or 5 days and then give him some big boy pants.
Some children don't go for the naked bottom version (like my DD) and prefer to have pants on from the beginning. Follow what seems to suit your DS.
Good luck!

Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 12-Jul-11 20:13:50

thanks Ruth!
he seemed quite excited by the 'george pig' pants in sainsburys today so maybe we'll go for that. when he's got a bare bum he just runs round like a loon so i'd have no chance of keeping on top of of all the accidents! hmm
dh is thinking of taking a week off over the summer hols so maybe we'll wait till then - one of us can look after dd and the other chase ds and his accidents.
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now