Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2.4 ds and a shopping trip

(4 Posts)
foolserrand Mon 11-Jul-11 18:35:46

Am I completely insane to be even considering an entire morning at the shops with him out of nappies? He is mostly dry during the day now. But he can't tell me if he needs to go. I feel like these albeit infrequent outings are hindering him.

I think he's capable, am hesitating due to his lack of communication skills. What would you all do?

Do have a portable petty ready to be used.

Firawla Mon 11-Jul-11 18:39:08

I found outings seemed to help with mine actually, although he was that bit older. but I was really worried about going out with him in no nappies and found it was so so much less of an issue than anticipated, it was totally fine. As you say he is mainly dry I would give it a chance and see how he gets on, as you may go mad stuck at home (well i would have)

foolserrand Mon 11-Jul-11 18:49:25

Thanks. Planned shops to the nth degree. Got a route planned that means we are always near a loo... Oh god, I'm being a little too retentive, aren't I?

pranma Mon 11-Jul-11 20:10:51

dgs is same age and we managed trip to library last week-took a potty and a kitchen roll plus several plastic bags-he used the potty to wee while we were out-mopped up with loads of kitchen roll and disposed of it in dogwaste bin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now