Talk

Advanced search

Potty Training advice

(4 Posts)
mom2ben Tue 05-Jul-11 10:23:19

Hi,

We have been potty training my son, who is 3 at the end of the month, since April and I am on the verge of putting him back in nappies but wanted to see if anyone had any advice for us.

He never tells me when he needs to use the potty/toilet and never says yes when I ask him if he needs it, even if I can see he's had a bit of an accident, he still refuses. It's now got to the stage that he doesn't even tell me if he's wet his pants - he's happy to just stay in them. I've even asked if he's had an accident and he says no. I can't force him to sit on the potty/toilet so now I just end up changing 3-4 pants a day. I've tried reward charts, stickers, chocolates. I've tried asking him every couple of hours. I've tried leaving him but as I said, he doesn't tell me when he needs to go.

Does this sound as if I should maybe go back to nappies and try again in a couple of months? I just feel that it's starting to stress both of us out and I don't think that's the way forward.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

MissMississippi Fri 15-Jul-11 09:42:07

Hi,

I have no advice as we just started training yesterday. But I wanted to bump this for you in case others have advice.

How have you got on since you posted?

girlywhirly Fri 15-Jul-11 11:04:31

I think leave it for now. You won't get anywhere if it is a battle. For some DC rewards just don't work for this.

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 12:03:05

Hi Mom2ben - I've just read your post and just wanted to offer you a hug and a brew. I have no advice to offer but do see where you are coming from. My DS is 2.10 and I am NOWHERE with training. He doesn't tell me if he has done a wee or a poo and just doesn't seem interested at all. He puts up a fight if I suggest nappy free time. So many friends say 'wait until he wants to do it' and the logic of that sounds great, but what if I am waiting forever?

I will be checking teh thread to see if anyone else has any tips but just to let you know I do feel for you, take care xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now