Talk

Advanced search

Only uses the botty with a bare bottom!

(5 Posts)
watto1 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:27:48

I know this has been discussed before but I'm at my wit's end. My dd uses the potty perfectly when she has a bare backside but the moment she has pants on she wees everywhere. Would be so grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this!

reallytired Sun 03-Jul-11 18:33:35

How old is your dd?

This problem is quite common my dd was like this for 9 months. He was two and half when he was 100% dry bare bottomed and three years 3 months when he fully cracked potty training. (both day and night)

In the end we got round the problem with bribary and putting him into pants. Every time he did a poo poo or a wee wee he got a chocolate button. I let him take the lead when he used the potty and put him into pants. I did not remind him to sit on the potty, and every time he had an accident I calmly said "If you do a poo poo or a wee on the you will get a chocolate button."

watto1 Sun 03-Jul-11 19:47:46

Thanks for the speedy reply! She's 2 yrs 7 months. We did the bribery with buttons a few weeks ago when getting her to use the potty (albeit bare-bummed!) and it worked a treat. I'll give the 'not reminding' idea a try. I think she's getting fed up with me asking if she needs the potty every 5 mins. At least the warm weather is allowing her pants to dry on the line quickly....

watto1 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:15:09

We've cracked it! Just managed a week's holiday in Cornwall with no accidents and she was fully clothed the whole time!

shufflebum Sat 16-Jul-11 21:32:53

Hooray, it just clicked with DS too. Now got to deal with nightimes which I'm about to start a thread about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now