Talk

Advanced search

Ok, so what now...?

(3 Posts)
Whiteybaby Sun 26-Jun-11 20:43:17

DD is 2.3 and for a while has been taking off nappies (once a dirty one but thankfully was at nursery!). She says wee and poo but I am not sure if this is before or after the event!

We have had a potty around for a while and she has been asking for it and then sat on it for about 2 secs. Anyway today she has spent a lot of time naked and sat on the potty for ages this afternoon while I read a story. She then did a tiny wee which we made much fuss about. I then said she could have a choc if she did a wee.. Hey presto she did! About half an hour later I asked if she wanted to wee again and another wee was produced.

I have no idea though what to do now?? Do I keep offering potty? She is a nursery so should I get them to do the same? I'm happy for her to decide the pace but dont want to make a mistake.

Just to add complication I have a 5 week old ds and could really do without this now !
Help!!

coffeekeepsmegoing Fri 01-Jul-11 09:55:08

Hi there, this is where I was two years ago. My DD was trained at 2 years 3 months, earlier than expected and I had a 5 week old at the same time but it made life easier in the long run (only one lot of nappies in a wheelie bin picked up once a fortnight!) but I would keep going for what it is worth!
I am now trying to train my son who is now 2 years 3 months and it is not going so well. He just doesn't seem bothered about weeing in his pants. We started on Monday and he has done one pee in potty and one poo! Not sure whether to keep going! Aggh. I have MIL nipping my head that she doesn't think he is ready but she said that about DD and she cracked it in a couple of weeks and was dry at night a few weeks after.
How is your DD doing now?

coffeekeepsmegoing Fri 01-Jul-11 09:56:27

PS my DD took off a dirty nappy in the middle of a toddler group while I was breast feeding DS. I have never forgotten it but I think it was a good cue that she was ready to move on....I was mortified of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now