Talk

Advanced search

Where to start?!!

(4 Posts)
Lexiejack Fri 24-Jun-11 12:47:50

So confused by the potty training minefield!! DS will sit for a second then jump off. Tried putting him straight in pants and he denied weeing despite the rather obvious dark patch on his trousers!! Taken him to choose pants- they now seem to go on his or his bears head!! Grrrr advice plz!! Or a really nice person to move in and train him for me!!

mumof3tobe Fri 24-Jun-11 16:53:14

How old is he? Maybe he's just not ready yet.

Lexiejack Fri 24-Jun-11 18:27:05

2. And a half

mumof3tobe Fri 24-Jun-11 20:04:39

Has he had the pants and potty out for long? Maybe he needs to get the 'oh this is a new thing to play with' out of his head first then once he's used to them he might settle down, realize they are not a toy and get the hint.

My first son refused to tell me he needed to pee, so he was naked from the waste down for a week and had the potty out with a little cup of buttons up high. I told him if he pee's in the pot he will get 1 button. It worked acting about a day I think. He realized he wasn't getting them until it happened. 1 week later we went to just pants all day and the 3rd week I took him out with trousers on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now