Talk

Advanced search

potty training at nursery?

(4 Posts)
Debs75 Wed 15-Jun-11 20:43:36

Dd2 2.9 has been potty training this week. She is a star and has took to it really well both weeing and pooing. We haven't put pants on her yet as she struggles pulling them down, we are practising though. We tried asking her every 20-30 mins if she needed to go but she is determind to go when she wants to go, anyway no accidents as yet.
She is at nursery 3 mornings a week and they are happy to help potty train her. At nursery they ask them every 30 mins if the need the loo and tend to take several at a time.

So my question is should I keep her in nappies at nursery until she is good at going with pants on, and can pull them down and up or should I let her go in knickers and a skirt and hope for the best. I am worried that it will be too much for her too quick and I don't want her regressing.

onepieceofcremeegg Wed 15-Jun-11 20:48:09

I am no expert (I have 2 dds, both now fully trained) and my initial thought is that your dd is ready if she has not had any accidents yet.
I think you will start to confuse her if you are keeping her in nappies all the time.
It really sounds as if she is ready for pants. Try and be very calm and matter of fact about it. The worst that will happen is she wets several pairs of pants. This is no big deal either at nursery or at home.
If you are stressed in a different environment (for example my ils would make a big fuss if their carpet got spoilt,) then possibly put her in pull ups on the odd occasion until she is 100% reliable.
Just have a word with nursery staff and I am sure they will reassure you.
It's great that she knows when she wants to go.

reallytired Wed 15-Jun-11 22:38:11

Ditch the nappies. Send her to nursery with plenty of spare clothes.
It sounds like she is ready.

cat64 Wed 15-Jun-11 22:44:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now