Talk

Advanced search

terry towelling nappies have started to leak son is 2

(10 Posts)
bobsthemum Wed 15-Jun-11 09:05:31

My son is almost 2 and has been in terry nappies with Motherease wraps since birth. Over the last month or so he seems to have been doing huge wees so that his nappy can't cope and his trousers (down the leg) are wet through. We have tried a couple of different folds including the bat fold but the problem is still happening. We didn't have the problem with my daughter but she was out of nappies just after her second birthday. My son doesn't seem interested in potty training. Any ideas? Is it just a boy thing! Has anyone else managed past two in this combination of nappies/wraps with boys?

thanks for any advice
Liz

fraktious Wed 15-Jun-11 09:13:39

Are you boosting then at all?

It sounds like the terry is overwhelmed.

MrsJamin Wed 15-Jun-11 09:20:09

DS1 didn't last much longer in Itti Bitti D'Lish Nappies so I don't think it's just restricted to terries. I had to change to disposables when he was 2 as it got to the point that his trousers would be wet an hour after being changed, just ridiculous. Life is too short to change your 2 year old every hour! I think it might be partly because they start to do more each wee so the nappy just can't soak it up quickly enough.

bobsthemum Wed 15-Jun-11 12:51:24

Sorry for sounding naive - whats boosting?

fraktious Wed 15-Jun-11 13:12:38

It's putting extra absorbent material, often bamboo or hemp, in the nappy - here http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/productDetail.asp?productid=60&item=Boosters.

fraktious Wed 15-Jun-11 13:14:00

Oops - here

We had to switch to disposables when DS1 was 2 and a couple of months. We tried everything, including boosting inside, and outside the nappy but inside the wrap and we still had loads of leaks.

bobsthemum Thu 16-Jun-11 18:58:53

Thanks I will look at the link on boosting - its worth a try

libbyssister Fri 17-Jun-11 21:52:08

We had this problem and a booster pad definitely helped. We bought some Motherease boosters and also used the size 1 Bambino Mio liners (that we used when he was newborn) and both meant the nappy could cope with big 2-year-old wees! Also are your Motherease nappies in good nick? Some of ours were secondhand and I hadn't noticed how thin and less absorbent the had become.

bobsthemum Sun 17-Jul-11 21:23:27

Just to report that so far the boosting is doing the trick - thanks for the tip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now