Talk

Advanced search

Are pull ups suitable if not yet potty training?

(12 Posts)
anonymum11 Thu 26-May-11 00:17:20

21mo DD is filling size 5+ junior nappies - have started waking her up for an extra nappy change when I go up to bed to prevent leaks. She doesn't seem ready for potty training as doesn't react to doing a nappy. Looking at the supermarket shelves there aren't any bigger nappies, and the next step looks like pull up pants. Do people know whether the pull ups are suitable if not potty training yet?

girlywhirly Thu 26-May-11 08:33:27

They are still nappies however they are marketed, and more expensive per item I think. DD won't know that they are for potty training. Hopefully another mumsnetter will be along shortly to advise on the most absorbent and value for money brands!

MadameCheese Thu 26-May-11 22:04:34

Not sure if this is remotely helpful but DS (3) has worn pull ups overnight and they've kept him dry, and he's a big lad smile. Ditto girly they're still a nappy, he doen't really view them any differently.

sausagerolemodel Thu 26-May-11 22:23:44

Pampers go up to size 6. I think pull ups are actually less absorbent and have less of the absorbing material in them. We've been using them on and off but the material seems more like a big sanitary pad than the stuff that turns into gel in a norma nappy. They also fit more snugly so if there is poo its more likely to get squished.

Firawla Thu 26-May-11 23:10:32

put her in size 6 nappies, either pampers or huggies but the huggies pull ups are crap! they are not very absorbant so don't think you would be happy with them, as pull ups go then the pampers easy up pants are fine they are more like a nappy, much much better than the huggies ones

WeLoveHaribo Sat 28-May-11 09:00:14

Pull ups are not very absorbant at all so not sure this would work for you.

seeker Sat 28-May-11 09:10:01

And changing a poo-y pull up is not an experience I would care to repeat!

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 28-May-11 09:30:05

Huggies size 6 nappies are really big, DD (4.7, SN) fits them fine

Mollymax Sat 28-May-11 09:45:10

No difference changing a poo filled pull up than a nappy. You just lie the child down and tear the sides of the pull up. The sides are designed to tear.
I agree that pull ups are not as absorbent as nappies.

stantonjulie Fri 10-Jun-11 22:38:28

tried all the brands. pampers pull ups are the most absorbant

Seona1973 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:36:08

you get size 6 nappies and pull ups. DD used to wear the pampers pull ups at night as they leaked less than the normal nappies.

nannyl Sun 12-Jun-11 09:51:14

i was in asda the other day and they now do a 6+ nappy (for over 20kg!)
size 6 is over 16kg i think.

Pampers easy up pants (that pull up like pull-up pants) are a NAPPY that goes on like a pant
"pull ups" are potty training pants, and IME not as absorbant as a nappy.... they are designed for 1 big wee, not lots and lots of wee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now