Talk

Advanced search

Putting the 'Fresh' back in nappies

(6 Posts)
chubbleigh Mon 16-May-11 14:29:26

Is there an absolute cert for getting nappies smelling fresh again. I have some Fuzzybuns nappies that I want to sell on but they have got a very slight whiff about them, they are perfectly clean and not stained but are not completely odour neutral if you know what I mean. Once used can they ever smell new again. What is your sure fire dead cert cleaning solution?

nannyl Wed 18-May-11 08:47:32

watching with interest...

chubbleigh Wed 18-May-11 13:22:07

bump..someone must have a cure all.

PhilPhil Sun 22-May-11 22:24:21

I think white vinegar can help. We soak our nappies in water with a tablespoon of white vinegar, I think you can also put it in the washing machine with them. It helps with stains, and I think might also help with odour though I'm not exactly sure. But certainly so far our nappies always smell fine - they also get a good blow on the line outside if it's fine which helps as well.

perfectstorm Mon 23-May-11 00:40:45

I'd ask on the cloth nappy threads. I'm sure I've read really good advice on that there before.

HackneyCabbage Tue 28-Jun-11 14:05:39

I soak Nappies in water with a couple of tablespoons of Bicarbonate of soda. Or add a couple of table spoons to a regular wash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now