Talk

Advanced search

Third time doing this you would think I would know what I'm doing but no driving me insane already

(7 Posts)
sweetkitty Sat 14-May-11 13:10:54

DD3 is 2.10mo. Bright, normal little girl. We tried toilet training in Feb but gave up after a week she just wasn't getting it. Started again yesterday and just like Feb nothing. She wants to sit on the toilet like her sisters so we have a little seat.

Done all the usual stuff, Peppa Pig pants, smiley face chart, looks sad and just change her without a word.

She's taking herself off to the toilet, pulling pants down, sitting on it, then coming off and 5 minutes later peeing. I know it's early days and I said I wouldn't go back this time but argh!!!

DP is also annoying me as he thinks it is doomed to fail again, he got her out of bed this morning and I said put her on the toilet quick and catch her first pee which he did for about a minute took her off and she peed on the floor [:S]

She knows what she is supposed to do but there's no spark between her feeling ready to go and asking to go yet.

TheVisitor Sat 14-May-11 13:14:04

Then she's not ready. It's not failing if you stick her back in nappies. Just leave it a while until she is ready.

Rosebud05 Sat 14-May-11 13:17:01

She sounds like she's nearly ready but not quite.

You can either drive yourself bonkers and have loads of extra washing while she's getting it or put her back in nappies for a bit then try again.

reallytired Sat 14-May-11 13:22:31

Can you not have her bare bottom in the garden and a potty near by. Make life fun. Prehaps when the weather is warm you could have the paddling pool out.

I found for proper potty training with pants, that bribary with chocolate buttons did wonders. My son was three years and three months when he cracked potty training. He really couldn't care about sticker charts.

sweetkitty Sat 14-May-11 18:36:23

Oh doing the chocolate bribery as well.

I suppose uit's early days and I need to give it a good week to judge whether she is ready or not.

Things further complicated by having her 12 mo brother toddling about.

sweetkitty Fri 27-May-11 22:09:34

Just wanted to resurrect this thread as how wrong was I?

Sunday we caught her first pee of the day in the potty, she got all of them bar 2 in it after that, since then we have had about 3 accidents in 2 weeks.

Absolutely brillant, she's now doing everything in the big toilet, asks then takes herself off to the toilet, same at nursery, we even forgot to put a nappy on her at night and she was dry in the morning (phew).

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 27-May-11 22:11:25

That's great news SweetKitty.smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: