Talk

Advanced search

small pants!

(7 Posts)
pastagirl Tue 11-Jan-11 20:15:17

hi there
i a small 2.5 DS and he is a bit on the small side. He is really ready to use the toilet and use big boy pants but i can't find any to fit him. That's not true i have found some in polarn o pyret but they are so expensive i just can't buy as many at £20) and so was wondering if anyone out thre had a similar problem and knew where to buy them. Her currently fits the POP size 74/80 for 6- 12 months old.
cheers

Flame Tue 11-Jan-11 20:20:20

Tumble drying the smallest ones you can find helps a bit

greenlotus Tue 11-Jan-11 20:27:37

I have a small pair of Bright Bots if you're interested I would be happy to post. But perhaps he's past trainer pants.

We had same problem, I think the best ones came from a market stall with a big box of different sized kids pants I sorted through to find all the tiniest ones. Then my mum found some very skimpy sized 12-18mths ones in Lidl IIRC.

Even now DS2 is 5yo and wearing 18-24 month pants grin

greenlotus Tue 11-Jan-11 20:30:30

Also nothing to stop you buying small pants and taking a good tuck out of both sides on a sewing machine. IME cheaper brands are cut smaller (for the same 'age') than more expensive ones: mothercare; M&S are huge.

pastagirl Tue 11-Jan-11 21:03:25

cheers for your reponses, my next plan was to take a snip out of the asda 1/12-2 year old size i just wondered if they would be a bit bulky on the side but will get machine out on weekend i think.
green lotus. funny you should say about bright bots i looked at those on amazon.that is really sweet but no thanks think he is a bit past training pants. poor kid is asking to put the pants on but i only got 4 pairs ( of the POP ones, very stylish but too expensive when not on sale!) so is just on before and after nursery. and they are mostly lasting.
we have a lidl down the road. it is totally amazing the stuff they have in that place. i try to get most of my fruit and veg there... so cheap and usually tastes like it is supposed to!
just while i have you hooked fancy trading brands that you find good for skinny minnys? i have found POP quite good ( as i say on sale) and most of the swedish brands. find supermarket brands mostly too big on waist and not long enough. sometimes Boots!and M&S. we mostly survive on handmedowns from cousins. any tips?
cheers for your time

greenlotus Tue 11-Jan-11 22:25:53

For skinny boys: GAP and Next best, often with an extra tuck in the back or elastic threaded through, especially the skinny rib pyjamas from GAP whilst he still fits them. Vertbaudet have a reputation for coming up small too.

Asda used to do a very cheap (£2) tracksuit bottom which is narrow in the waist and good for the days of "accidents". We have hand me downs too but the trousers never fit as they come from a sturdier family.

Next actually do (from the Directory) slim fitting school trousers but then I have two thin boys to get the value out of them, used them for the first time this year and they seem good.

Just a warning those button-elastic trousers can leave a lumpy button rubbing inside the waist, I think I'm going to stitch the elastic to size instead and take the buttons off.

imgonnaliveforever Sun 16-Jan-11 20:16:55

Mothercare do 12-18 months which came up ok on my very small son when he was trained at 2.5. Have a look at a few different designs as they all seem to come up slightly different (e.g. mothercare own come up differently to bob the builder ones bought in the same shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: