Talk

Advanced search

ok - need help here with night time poo issue

(8 Posts)
bumbly Sun 09-Jan-11 23:39:16

goes every night but since a few months now and this is driving me mad

goes after put night nappy on and then put to bed then goes in nappy and we start again with chanign nappy etc

so basically waits till i go ansd does it in nappy

3 1/2 and pees ok in toilet and does poo in potty and toilet occasionally but for some reaosn got in habit of doing it in fresh night nappy

i delay stories, warm milk, put him for half an hour on potty etc

but he simply does it when i close the door after a while

so whole process of goin to bed whereas has always been ok now has turned into a long over two hour affgair by tiume get seocnd nappy on

as have to wake him up and wlak sleepy soiled little boy to be chnaged for second night nappy

any advice how to tackle this as am going to strat to punish as he understand well enough and he def needs to go by night time but is not

how odd but if needs ot go in day will do so on his own accord

how odd

bumbly Mon 10-Jan-11 12:02:40

anyone????

bumbly Mon 10-Jan-11 21:53:34

noone?

Youfoundwhatonthetable Mon 10-Jan-11 21:55:49

Could you do a reward for doing a poo before bedtime?

CrispyTheCrisp Mon 10-Jan-11 21:58:01

I would not put him on the potty for 1/2hr or delay anything. Normal bedtime and if he poos then just gets changed then. It is a pain but he will grow out of it and in the meantime it is easier to ignore and just change the nappy

At the moment i would say he is being 'rewarded' with lots of extra attention surrounding this. Ignore and ignore and i'm sure he will get the message (if he is doing it deliberately) and you will be no worse off if it is a physical thing

whensitgunnahappen Mon 10-Jan-11 22:01:14

I can't help but bumping for you. Good luck x

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Mon 10-Jan-11 22:05:27

DS1 did this until he asked for pants at night, he was still wet at night too although not soaked and one time asked for pants.
I put on potty training pants (slightly paddednormal pants) and he stopped pooing at night.
He was the same would do it in the day if he needed to but as soon as the night nappy was on he pooed.

I do also agree with crispy though it does sound as if a great deal is being made of it.
Put him in his night nappy and put him to bed if he does poo change it quickly and quietly often we did DS1 when he was asleep as that was when we noticed it.

bumbly Tue 11-Jan-11 12:32:11

have put in training pants and still does it

have had to raise voice a bit as he is aware and seems to be a lazy thing as he does it when close door and awake

not a night sleeping thing now - more of a does it as soon as snuiggled in bed playing before sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now