Talk

Advanced search

Little girls and public toilets!

(54 Posts)
Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:20:15

How the bloody hell are you supposed to get a little girl to wee in a public loo! There is no way i'm going to plonk her peaches on a seat where god knows who else has sat but whenever I have taken her to go, the wee goes all over the floor and my feet! There must be a foolproof way of getting the wee into the toilet! HELP!!!!!

MemooMerrilyOnHigh Tue 07-Dec-10 13:20:53

Antibacterial wipes!

JustDoMyLippyThenWeWillGo Tue 07-Dec-10 13:22:08

I used to carry that mini loo seat thing everywhere, and second the abti-bacterial wipes!

PaisleyLeaf Tue 07-Dec-10 13:23:50

I used one of those 'toodle loo' folding toilet seats with DD.

RockinRobinBird Tue 07-Dec-10 13:28:19

You carry on as normal, wipe first if required, then wash her hands well when she was finished. Can't see the problem.

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:30:53

Justdomylippy, 'mini loo seat thing'? please eaborate, you too Paisley leaf!

HuwEdwards Tue 07-Dec-10 13:30:54

put strips of loo roll where she'll sit. used to do this with DDs, no idea why really, as soon as they're big enough they do their own thing anyway. Like Rockin says, just instill good hygiene.

NoahAndTheWhale Tue 07-Dec-10 13:32:00

My DD sat on the seat, as do I. Nothing has happened to her or me.

PaisleyLeaf Tue 07-Dec-10 13:38:32

toodle loo
Really handy for out and about and visiting. More so than a travel potty, I think.

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:39:03

Noahandthewhale, unfortunately for me and my Daughter, I have a irrational dislike of all things communal, especially where moisture is involved!

mylifewithstrangers Tue 07-Dec-10 13:40:44

Line seat with loo paper if it really bothers you.

I just make sure they wash their hands really well after.

RockinRobinBird Tue 07-Dec-10 13:40:56

I do always wonder what people are actually afraid of. My mother hovers and causes herself much grief in the process. She still can't tell me what she expects to happen to her if her cheeks actually touched the seat

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:43:06

It feels to me like one step away from rubbing bottoms with a stranger....

seeker Tue 07-Dec-10 13:44:09

And try very hard not to pass on your irrational fear of loo seats to your daughter!

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:45:56

And funny enough, i'm not as worried about her hands because i make sure she touches NOTHING. I take her outside and use a couple of wet wipes on her hands afterwards, i dont like to hang around!

Boys are so much easier, an empty water bottle, no problems!

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:47:37

Thanx Paisleyleaf will check that out!

RockinRobinBird Tue 07-Dec-10 13:50:24

But most people's arse cheeks are clean, it's the bits underneath that may cause concerns and they don't touch the seat. Your arse cheeks are no different to your elbow or shoulder.

seeker Tue 07-Dec-10 13:52:11

"
Boys are so much easier, an empty water bottle, no problems!"

And then what do you do?

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:53:30

@ Seeker, I tip it down the toilet!

BlockedPoster Tue 07-Dec-10 13:53:39

"rubbing bottoms with a stranger"

lol lol lol

I don't think I've ever rubbed bottoms with even my closest acquaintances.

RockinRobinBird Tue 07-Dec-10 13:57:08

So you make your son go into the cubical and wee into a bottle which you then empty into the loo? You really need to sort this out. That's not a healthy approach to instill in him.

kathyb1 Tue 07-Dec-10 13:57:29

lol: best read today!!!!!
rubbing bottoms....
might try it!

doesn't it drive you crazy when some smart-dressed lady leaves a cubicle in a mess &, worst of all, doesn't wash her hands - eughhh!!!

amazes me how many ladies do that!
shock

i always feel like making a remark, but is that a wierdo thing?

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:57:51

BlockedPoster, I dont think I have either, hence my reluctance to do it with anybody else!

Mooshie Tue 07-Dec-10 14:02:36

@RockinRobinBird, I only did it when they were very small or when there were no toilet facilities, as soon as they were big enough to reach on their own and to understand not to touch the toilet then they were on their own!

KathyB1, people with no toilet etiquette are to be scorned!!!!!!

seeker Tue 07-Dec-10 14:02:51

Hang on - so you are out with your ds. He needs a pee. So you get him to stick his willy into a water bottle, which you then take and empty into the loo. What do you do with it then, rinse it out for next time?

Honestly - this is not a road you should be going down. There is nothing that can happen to your child if he/she used a public loo so long as he/she washes his/her hands really well. Which I presume you'd insist on at home anyway?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: