Talk

Advanced search

When do I give up??

(3 Posts)
starski Tue 30-Nov-10 13:01:25

I need help. My daughter is 2.5 and I put her into pants yesterday. She has shown no signs of potty training I just have the week off work and thought why not! She is weeing everywhere but in the potty. I know it has only been 2 days so should I carry on or not?! I have 2 boys but left their training much later. Any ideas please ??

bluefootedpenguin Tue 30-Nov-10 21:29:54

I can sympathise! Also started pt yesterday and have spent most of my time mopping wee off the floor! DD knows when she needs to wee but seems very reluctant to sit on the potty when she has a wee, she has only managed this once. I am waiting to see how long we should keep going before giving up!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Wed 01-Dec-10 14:28:26

Quite personally, at 2.5 I would leave it. If she has shown no signs of wanting to be trained then I really would wait.

I tried a few times with my DD between her 2nd birthday and 2.5 and it was pointless. she just didn't get it.

At 2.6 she took herself to wee on the potty and we never looked back. Leave it til she is ready.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: