Talk

Advanced search

18 months?

(2 Posts)
nelix2000 Tue 23-Nov-10 17:19:43

My dd is in cloth nappies, has been telling me she is doing a poo for a few weeks now. I got her potty out just for nappy free time, explained wees etc.

And today she is telling me every time she is doing a "wa wa" as she is doing it, she got one near the potty but not in it.

I am in no way actively training her as its bloody cold to be running around naked!

I have a ds who trained in a few days at 2.5 and wasnt expecting to start toilet training until next summer.

Is it normal to be this aware this early?

She wants changed after every wee too. And she holds them in then does big ones etc, so is showing all the signs.....

Anyone else had a child start this young? do you just plod along and if they et it they get it and if not its no big deal?

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Wed 24-Nov-10 06:45:18

Imo children are born aware of their bodily functions but learn to ignore them while in nappies. Cloth nappies are better for maintaining this awareness as at least they can feel the wet (as your dd is making you all too aware!)

In your position i would have a go. Use timing and her telling you to try and catch some wees and poos. Treat it almost like elimination communication, ie no probs if a miss, not too much praise if a catch, treat it as much as your responsability to get the wee/poo in the potty or loo as hers (if not more yours).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: