Talk

Advanced search

getting her to go on her own?

(3 Posts)
fairimum Sun 14-Nov-10 19:23:55

DD is now dry IF I take her to the loo or suggest she has a go on potty every couple of hours.... I fi don't she has accidents, it was just little accidents then finishing on potty but then started having full on accidents again... which is why I went back to prompting her to go... how can I help her to get the hang of 'knowing' when she needs to go??
Any advice greatly appreciated please
thanks

toastandeggs Sun 14-Nov-10 20:26:55

i told my DD that i wasnt going to remind her anymore as shes a big girl now, - telling her she was in charge of having a wee , worked for us

NellyTheElephant Mon 15-Nov-10 11:35:26

How long has she been potty trained for? My DD2 was accident free within about 10 days of starting training, but only if I reminded her. Looking back I'd say that with her the reminding stage lasted for about 3 months before she took complete control of it. I didn't have to be constantly vigilant or anything and sometimes she would tell me, but if she hadn't said anything then I just used to take her to the loo if it was approaching a couple of hours since she last went or 45 mins or so after a drink. She gradually got the hang of it. DD1 on the other hand took control almost immediately and I never had to remind her. They are all different. I'd just stick to reminding her for now and in a month or so you will probably realise that you are not really doing it anymore and hadn't noticed the change.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: