Talk

Advanced search

Is she normal?? Strange way to wee?

(7 Posts)
GoldenHaze Sat 06-Nov-10 12:24:32

DD (2 years, 4 months) is doing fine on the potty, but I always have to clean the whole thing, rather than just empty to jug bit (it's a mini-toilet type thing) because, even though she sits down on the toilet properly, the wee comes out at a 45 degree angle, sort of downwards and forwards, rather than straight down. Some goes underneath the seat bit rather than all going into the jug.

I'm female, so I suppose I should know (?!) but shouldn't the wee come out and go straight downwards??

Thank you!

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Sat 06-Nov-10 12:28:06

Downwards and forwards seems normal to me. I think I wee that way.

<oversharing>

theyoungvisiter Sat 06-Nov-10 12:29:20

I think it just depends on the angle you hold your pelvis as you squat.

If you sit very upright then yes it goes down, but if you slouch so your pelvis is more tilted then it could go forwards if you see what I mean.

(TMI alert) once or twice when I was pregnant I managed to pee forward under the rim of the loo seat, I think because I was sitting at a different angle to accommodate the bump. It was incredibly irritating crawling around under the loo while heavily pregnant trying to clean it up! After that I always made sure I exaggeratedly tipped my pelvis backwards and it solved the issue.

GoldenHaze Sat 06-Nov-10 13:05:23

Thanks both. I thought she was sitting up straight, but possibly not.

I'm a worrier. It's just one more thing to add to my worries collection. grin

Constance39 Sat 06-Nov-10 13:08:09

Oh dear - really, it's normal! smile

Calm yourself!

Try getting her to lean forwards a bit so it goes backwards/downwards...maybe put something to look at on the floor, like a book...?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 19-Nov-10 12:33:21

My DD was exactly the same. Her wee came out at a funny angle and she ended up weeing all over the floor as it came straight over the top of the potty. I worked out that it was because she had her legs open a bit (being nosey at what she was doing)

it was great that she was taking an interest but it was messy! So I had to teach her to close her legs so her knees were touching and problem solved!

MmeGazelle Sat 20-Nov-10 16:21:30

It's normal, my DD sometimes manages to wee completely out of the top of her potty, but only if it's on the cheap little one I have, but she never does it on the 'throne' one where it's a massive white thing with a pot that you can take out to clean, I have also come to the conclusion that it's the angle at which she's sat at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now