Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after C-Section

(9 Posts)
Jellybaby13 Fri 22-Nov-19 21:40:49

Hi,

I had a c-section on the 17th of September, 9 and a half weeks later I'm still bleeding.

I was put on the mini pill at my 6 week check.

Is it normal to still be bleeding this far after pregnancy? Some days it'll stop completely then a couple of days later it'll be back. Just wondering if this is the norm before I go running to the doctor?

I'm breastfeeding so I shouldn't really be ovulating yet but I had a few problems with breastfeeding so I wouldn't be surprised if I was fertile again. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks

gonewiththerain Fri 22-Nov-19 21:47:50

I think I bled for just over six weeks, then my periods started again at 12 weeks. I was bf. I wasn’t on hormonal contraceptives
The mini pill can do weird things to your cycle in my experience I had some very heavy sudden periods and some long periods , I also ended up pregnant on it.

Drbrowns Fri 22-Nov-19 21:52:46

If I take the mini pill or anything that has lots of progesterone I bleed pretty much constantly. It’s probably not still bleeding from giving birth, but maybe get checked out just in case.

PiratePetespajamas Fri 22-Nov-19 21:52:53

I would get that checked out. Lengthy or heavy bleeding can be a sign of retained products (like bits of placenta), which can lead to serious infection. My SIL had something like this at 12 weeks. I’ve had2 sections, first bled for 6 weeks, second about 4. Do you have any pain?

ilovetofu Fri 22-Nov-19 21:53:52

Is it heavy bleeding op?

BrightonBB Fri 22-Nov-19 21:59:14

Please be checked for retained placenta. I had it after c sec.

Jellybaby13 Sat 23-Nov-19 14:53:55

Thanks everyone, I'll mention to my doctor. It's varied, some days it'll be heavy and other days it'll be just enough for a pantyliner. No pain associated with it which is why I'm doubting it being a period. I always had period pains before pregnancy and migraines...mind you my symptoms of periods might have changed!

Pipandmum Sat 23-Nov-19 14:59:49

I can't remember how long I bled after my two ceasarians but when in doubt always always see your doctor.

Jellybaby13 Fri 29-Nov-19 04:58:42

They switched me from the mini pill to rigavidon and this seems to have stopped the bleeding!

Thank goodness it wasn't placenta left behind!!

Thanks everyone! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »