Talk

Advanced search

Still bleeding 6 weeks later

(3 Posts)
melissa1215 Thu 14-Nov-19 07:58:05

Hi everyone

I had a C-Section 6 weeks ago, I am exclusively breast feeding so I was made aware that I may still be bleeding for up to 6 weeks, but it would likely stop after 2-3 weeks

I've been bleeding like a regular period for the entire 6 weeks with no signs of it stopping. Sometimes I have lighter days, others I pass small 50p size clots.

I can't go out without wearing a sanitary towel and I am anaemic (I have been since I c-section because of a haemorrhage) so I've been feeling extra tired and weak.

It's starting to get me down quite abit now especially when my friends say they stopped after around 10 days, some after 2 weeks.

I know it can take up to 6 weeks but I thought it would be at least slowing down. There are so many changes, DH won't go near me because of the bleeding and I'm starting to get depressed with all the changes. I feel like my body is alien to me.

Sorry for the moaning, I knew there would be changes im just having a really bad day

DeadDoorpost Thu 14-Nov-19 14:26:14

You need to speak to your GP if it's not showing any signs of slowing down and you're passing clots. I'm now 8 weeks post partum and still bleeding, but I know I'll stop soon as this is basically my 2nd period since the lochia stopped. Happened with DS as well so it's at least a pattern.

NerdyBird Thu 14-Nov-19 15:01:22

I didn't have a section but I did bleed for the full 6 weeks post birth and it then tapered off. If you don't notice it reducing in the next week it wouldn't hurt to go and see someone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »