Talk

Advanced search

Bath after c section?

(7 Posts)
Dontbsicily Wed 13-Nov-19 21:22:35

Hello!

Just wondering how long you all waited to have a bath after a c section And when you incorporated body wash etc? Also, any tips on shaving over your scar? Mine is very low. About an inch under pubic line. How long did you wait?

I’ve seen some people saying they bathed days later and other posts saying GP/MWs don’t advise until weeks later. I’m 4 weeks post cs and I imagine I’m perfectly fine to do so but, the thought of opening up or getting an infection in my scar scares the life out of me!

Thanks!

moobar Wed 13-Nov-19 21:36:56

Oh gosh I thought you were going to say a few days and I was going to say I can't remember. I was in a week as baby was unwell but absolutely had a bath within three days of being home.

I bought hibiscrub which is a hospital level antiseptic and poured a cap in bath. We are country folks and use it to ward infection at lambing time. I felt a bath helped greatly and I did not get an infection.

Congratulations on your baby,

melissa1215 Thu 14-Nov-19 08:03:45

I'm 6 weeks post csection and still scared to shave over my scar. Made the mistake of shaving everything and got to that point and got too nervous as it still felt slightly tender, so now I look ridiculous.

I had a bath about 2.5 weeks after, probably could have sooner but again I was nervous and wasn't too good at getting up and didn't want to risk falling.

Shower-gels I used straight away as my midwife said that was fine but was told not to apply directly to the scar but if any ran over it then that would be fine

Bellaphant Thu 14-Nov-19 11:32:01

I thought I couldn't bath but my midwife said at ten days I could've already, as long as it wasn't for over an hour! I think I shaved then too

Thescrewinthetuna Thu 14-Nov-19 11:34:49

I had one a week or so after. I didn’t use any bubble bath until a month or so after and made sure I dried the area thoroughly with a clean towel, never had a problem.

Thescrewinthetuna Thu 14-Nov-19 11:36:02

Also I agree with Melissa about shower gels - if it runs off in the shower it was fine I just made sure before I got out the shower I took the shower off and directly rinsed the scar area with cool water

Dontbsicily Thu 14-Nov-19 15:27:44

Thanks all! smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »