Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding

(6 Posts)
Shannen95x Mon 04-Nov-19 14:02:21

I had my baby 8 weeks ago and iv been bleeding since it eased down between 4 and 5 weeks and I started bleeding up again and I'm still bleeding my baby will be 9 weeks on Friday coming and also it's my 3 baby.. I went to A&E on Friday I got bloods took and a swab test all came back good my irons where good also. I'm wondering what could be causing it as I'm unsure if I've had my period yet its pretty light at the minute it's like it's gone and comes back again. Was anybody the same as me

Kimberleigh Tue 05-Nov-19 18:03:27

Hi. Yeah i was. Bleed for 3 ish weeks. Started again at 4/5 weeks then i had a period at 6/7 weeks. Im 9 weeks now. X

beautifulsonharry Tue 05-Nov-19 18:10:26

If all test come back clear try not to worry. I’ve had two sons and my youngest is 4 months. After having him I bled for 9 weeks. My doctor said part of this bleeding was just my period and because when you have a baby and don’t have a period for so long it is completely normal to have different types of period for at least a year after delivery. My period used to be very regular and heavy but since having DS they are more irregular and very light. Hoping in time they will go back to normal. Don’t stress and enjoy your bundle of joy.

RC000 Mon 11-Nov-19 19:26:13

I bled for 7 weeks and was about to have a scan to check for retained products as I had 'ragged membranes' but then it stopped. I would go to GP and ask for ultrasound to put your mind at ease.

Shannen95x Tue 12-Nov-19 11:24:32

Thank you all for the message I went to my doctor on Sunday she reckons its retained placenta and that's why I continued to bleed so she put me on pencillian for a week and I haven't bled in 2 days so hopefully it stays like that I'm not finished my course of antibiotics till Saturday night

MostlyAmbridgeandcoffee Tue 12-Nov-19 11:31:34

I kept bleeding for aaaaaaaaaages. Like 4 - 5 months. They did tests etc for RP but nothing showed up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »