Talk

Advanced search

Low blood pressure and dizzyness

(4 Posts)
crazydiamond222 Fri 25-Oct-19 10:45:00

Hello, I gave birth 1 week ago and have been feeling really faint and fatigued since day 3. When I spoke to the midwife she tested my blood pressure and said it was 100/58 but did not suggest anything other than rest. Has anyone else had this post birth and have any suggestions about how to feel better? I am really worried about carrying my son in case I faint. I am taking iron tablets and don't think there was that much blood loss during birth although Ihad a water birth so I guess it is hard to tell.

KNMom Tue 05-Nov-19 23:29:15

I had a history of low blood pressure even before pregnancy; similar numbers to yours. And after giving birth (12 weeks ago) I too was worried about dizziness, or worse - the possibility of fainting when picking up the baby. My Dr suggested snacking on salty (but not junky) foods such as olives on days when I feel dizzy. It helps!

crazydiamond222 Wed 06-Nov-19 05:40:13

Many thanks, I will try this. I have been eating lots of nuts and will swap them for the salted versions.

Imtootired Wed 06-Nov-19 05:44:06

I had low blood pressure earlier in my pregnancy and was told to eat and drink a lot regularly throughout the day and get up slowly. Hope you feel better soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »