Talk

Advanced search

Post birth bleeding

(5 Posts)
JBCG Wed 17-Jul-19 16:14:19

I had a normal delivery with just a graze but I'm still bleeding bright red blood 4 weeks post delivery. It's not particularly heavy and is probably more like spotting but it is still very red rather than the brown discharge I was told to expect.

I just wondered if this was normal as I have read that after a week or so it should become browner and be more just like tinged discharge rather than actual blood.

I am breastfeeding if that makes any difference?

Do I need to see a GP or is this totally normal?

Thanks!

Misspiggy01 Tue 23-Jul-19 16:48:55

Could be period?

Zackisback878 Thu 08-Aug-19 23:55:07

Hi there, I have this too at 5
Weeks postpartum, are you still experiencing the bleeding ? I planned to ask at my 6 week check up but my doctor running behind with those x

JBCG Fri 09-Aug-19 09:50:50

@Zackisback878 I stopped bleeding around 5 weeks thankfully. Hope your GP is able to help!

Aspenn17 Wed 21-Aug-19 23:46:13

Thought I’d comment in case anyone else sees this thread with the same issue. If you are still bleeding then see your GP, I was bleeding for 6 weeks post partum and thought it was normal, turned out I had some left over placenta, which if left can be dangerous x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »