Talk

Advanced search

When will life feel more settled after baby?

(4 Posts)
Yas0000 Tue 02-Jul-19 21:16:17

I love my baby to death but since having him my world has felt like it’s been turned upside down. I can’t seem to find an snore of routine. I struggle to do anything but care for him so housework and caring for myself has been put on hold since he was born- he’s now 3 months.
When did life start to feel more settled for you after having baby? When did you find you had more time for yourself eg chance to shower in peace without being interrupted by crying!!
It would be great to hear at what age your babies were s little more independent as a milestone for me to look foreword to smile

KittyMcTitty Wed 10-Jul-19 20:05:05

All babies are different! For me (this time) it started to feel more normal after 4 months - initially I was thinking it would never feel normal - but it becomes a new normal, first time took a little longer! You’ll get there!!! Everyone does!!!

Aspenn17 Thu 22-Aug-19 00:00:43

For me everything changed once my DD started going to bed earlier than us, so maybe 5 months? We started a proper bath and bedtime routine and it meant we got a few hours back in the evenings and instantly I felt so much more like myself again.

Kelroc Fri 23-Aug-19 11:16:06

Following this as it feels like I could have written this!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »