Talk

Advanced search

EBF - night away

(2 Posts)
newmomof1 Sun 30-Jun-19 19:13:52

I don't know if this is the best place for this thread but...

In a few weeks we are attending an 'adults only' wedding about 2 hours drive from home. DD (currently 6 and a half weeks) is EBF.
She is staying with GP overnight and of course I will express to ensure she has plenty of milk (she's had bottles and boob so won't be a problem).

My question is: is there anything I can do to stop my breasts becoming engorged?
We missed 1 feed a few nights ago (DD slept through) and I leaked badly and was v sore.

We will be away from her from around 10am on the Saturday until lunchtime on Sunday.
Or will I just need to express throughout this period?

TIA!

Candycats Sun 30-Jun-19 20:58:45

I would express every time that you'd usually feed baby. I went away for a hen weekend recently when DS was 15 weeks and although I expressed, I didn't do it often enough and my supply dropped slightly after I got back (it went back to normal after I started feeding him again). So express at every normal feeding time (eg every 3 hours) and hopefully you'll avoid engorgement and any disruption to your supply!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »