Talk

Advanced search

Lump on stretch mark!?

(6 Posts)
rainbowsanduniicorns Sat 04-Aug-18 21:55:26

Don't know if it's the right place to post but I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or experienced anything like this. I am a bit of a hypochondriac but it's still worrying me as it doesn't seem to be a normal kind of spot. I noticed it in shower and wasn't bothering me until I pressed it, it's painful to press and quite large. Docs not open till Monday morn so looking for a bit of peace of mind until then, I'm aware you all aren't doctors but I'm hoping someone can tell what it could be sad

GrainneWail Sat 04-Aug-18 22:07:22

I get these from. Time to time. I'm not sure what they are, but they go away after a few days. I fear they are me putting on more weight and stretching the skin again...

rainbowsanduniicorns Sun 05-Aug-18 19:04:29

I hope it goes away soon, I hope it is only me putting on more weight grin

househunthappening Mon 06-Aug-18 20:06:46

I had one like this, TMI warning for my reply!

After a while it filled with pus and I could squeeze it just like a spot and drain it. It would refill and I just repeated that over and over and eventually it stopped refilling itself. Now it's just a little dark patch.

RainbowNarwhals Sat 09-Nov-19 16:57:48

Could be folliculitis! A follicle lying within the stretch marks could be inflamed or infected so I was given an antibiotic but you can try the home remedy of warm compresses up to six times a day with a clean towel soaked in hot water and it may clear on its own. If it opens, just secure a piece of gause on top so it stays open to the air but still covered. Do not squeeze for this could give more opportunity for further infection!

LauraHN95 Sun 24-Nov-19 15:10:38

I get these all the time. Mainly on newer stretch marks. I seem to have no luck when it comes to nice skin I have acne, I get blood boils (which is what I think you have) I get everything.

Hot compress twice a day, don’t pick or pop it! Just let your body do it’s thing and it will start to go down or it will pop on its own. It’s not nice but nothing to worry about.

If you don’t get any difference, it gets bigger or really painful docs can give you anti biotics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »