Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Depressed

(7 Posts)
Molliekennedy Tue 20-Mar-18 10:23:07

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with depression and now take medication for it. I feel so lonely, tired and down all the time. My little girl is 2 at the end of this month and I'm struggling so much to be happy even though I have lots to be happy for.

She's going through a stage of biting, spitting, smacking, screaming and just being really naughty but I haven't a clue why. Yesterday after another horrendous outing I tried to help her down some steps and she pulled a huge chunk of my hair out. So I just broke down, felt so numb and started crying. I'm 22 and I'm scared to leave the house, me and my partner don't see each other and I honestly can't stand being a parent or living at this point. I've lost my identity, I'm lonely, I have nothing. (Sorry to people who this may offend I'm just telling the truth). I just needed to vent.

Thank you x

doxiepoxie Tue 20-Mar-18 12:05:17

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling like this. It really is so hard being a parent, alongside coping with your own mental health struggles. Do you have any family support or support groups in your area you can attend? X

Cupcakey Tue 20-Mar-18 14:15:03

It's so hard being a parent! Hardest job in the world. My dd was hard work at 2 I can remember incidents like you've described. I used to have to fasten her in the buggy and let her calm down she was safe in there and I could catch my breath. She will come out of this phase and it does get easier. I agree try and get out as much as you can to the park or groups so she can run off steam. I know it's hard incase they try and take frustrations out on other children but as long as your ready to intervene before it happens then I found my daughter soon got distracted and her behaviour improved as she loved going to the groups. Big hugs you are not alone in feeling like you do. You are doing a good job never forget that. xxx

Molliekennedy Tue 20-Mar-18 14:15:33

Thank you for your reply. I don't have much family where I live and my grandmother (who is the only one that knows how much I struggle) is in Scarborough. I would go to a support group but wouldn't really know where to start. Xx

Cupcakey Tue 20-Mar-18 14:17:57

Do you have a children's centre near by? I met some great friends there. We used to vent to each other and having that outlet helped so much!!! Plus it helped me to know that being depressed wasn't anything to be ashamed of. Feel free to vent to me on here if you want smile nothing to be ashamed of depression is crap it really is sad xx

Molliekennedy Tue 20-Mar-18 14:18:01

@Cupcakey Thank you for your reply! I have found a few groups I have taken her too she's normally ok when around other children, it's more that I'm nervous to go to the shops or anything like that. My grandmother has said it will pass soon and I'm hoping it will. Thank you very much you don't know how much it means to have people understand xxx

Molliekennedy Tue 20-Mar-18 14:20:35

@Cupcakey I have been to the children's centre and have made friends with a few people but unfortunately it's a very cliquey place (if that makes sense) and my anxiety makes it worse. It is, I've had it since I was about 14, had an attempted suicide and still no doctors addressed I was depressed and needed help until I moved doctors and straight away got the help I needed. Once I had my girly it just manifested and got 100% worse even though I shouldn't feel like that "/ xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: