Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Something not 'normal' - prolapse

(6 Posts)
elishacatt Fri 09-Feb-18 20:22:28

Tonight when I went to the loo, I wiped and had some very red blood. I'm exclusively breastfeeding (baby 8 weeks) and haven't yet had period. To me the blood was too red to be period blood so inspected further by having a look. I had forceps and episiotomy. No issues or soreness. Sometimes if I go for a long walk my vagina aches (like if on a period). Anyway, on inspection I could see something 'poking out' of my vagina. I'm sorry if this is TMI but doctors aren't open and don't feel like it's about of hours 101 call, but it looks like a kidney bean poking out of my vagina. There is no sensation in it, no veins etc. I have googled pro lapse (even the nasty images) and I don't think it's that. I don't think it's a cyst either. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I'm freaking out a bit if I am honest. I haven't been looked at down there since they stitched me back up as I've said I felt no concerns.
I've also had a cold and have been sneezing and coughing for the last few days and it doesn't cause any concern down there, not even a dribble of wee.
I'm a bit sore and feel aware of it now I've been poking around. Kind of like a haemorrhoid but poking through my vagina. I wondered if it could be a clot but can't seem to pull it out, I can poke it back up however.
Sorry this is grosse or over sharing but I'm freaking myself out. I know I've just had a baby but anything vaginal terrifies me like the dentist terries others.

800msprint Fri 09-Feb-18 20:23:58

I'd call nhs direct or go to out of hours if I were you x

800msprint Fri 09-Feb-18 20:24:11

Don't pull it

Mouthfulofquiz Fri 09-Feb-18 20:25:30

I wonder if it could be a small polyp? I had one grow on my episiotomy scar and accidentally knocked it once. I had a very tiny procedure done with a silver nitrate stick to remove it and it never came back. Perhaps see your gp or nurse when they are open?

elishacatt Fri 09-Feb-18 20:48:43

I've prodded about and now I'm feeling a bit sore and aware of my vagina. everything feels normal when I insert a finger and no discomfort. I'm thinking the blood is now my first period as I've started getting that heavy feeling in my stomach and I've put on a pad. I've forgotten what periods feel like after almost a year without one!! (Heaven). The blood is still very red but if it is my period which I think it must be, it's still early hours.
I will book in to GP next week to be safe but don't think it's worth out of hours since there's no discomfort. Why oh why did I look?!

Faze84 Sun 18-Feb-18 01:10:09

No advice sorry. Im 7 weeks pp and got my period yesterday brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now