Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Anxiety

(6 Posts)
User1983 Mon 05-Feb-18 18:32:53

I had my c section 10 days ago and was discharged with baby after 3 nights. Since then I have had real anxiety about baby. I was sleep deprived initially. I was averaging 2 hours sleep from 2 days before section due to waters breaking for about 1 week. My sleep deprivation caused confusion and hallucinations but I have caught up now.

Since then though I have this real urge to return to hospital. I hated being there so I don’t know why I’m desperate to return. Maybe it’s because I feel baby is in safer hands or there is more support. A few days after discharge he had issues with Jaundice and high red blood cells. He went in for tests but wasn’t admitted. Given baby’s age now I wouldn’t even be readmitted if he had an issue and would need to go to a&e if there was a problem. I don’t know why I feel like this and am so desperate to return. I have started sertraline but that will take a short while to kick in. Has anyone else felt like this before?

Naomilj Tue 06-Feb-18 12:41:15

Hi OP, I haven’t been through this so can’t really help but didnt want to ignore your post as someone who has suffered from anxiety and PND.

From what you’ve described, I think it makes perfect sense that you want to be in a monitored safe space for both of you, even though you are both safe at home.
Could it possible that you are suffering from the after affects of trauma? You mentioned sertraline so hopefully you’ve talked to your GP already? Hopefully it will help quicker than you realise.

I really hope you start to feel better soon. X

User1983 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:03:26

Thanks for your reply. I am still feeling the same way and in fact am feeling more negative. The midwife still isn’t happy to discharge me.

I’m seeing my gp next week and also being seen by the perinatal mental health team so hopefully they can help me with my anxiety.

Thanks again x

Rainbowsandflowers78 Sat 17-Feb-18 21:38:03

What are you anxious about? What’s your main worries? Are you concerned the baby isn’t well?

See if you can trace back the source of the anxiety

Post natal anxiety is a massive thing and really under known about it. It’s not post natal depression - it’s different but just as bad

rascallyrascal Sat 17-Feb-18 21:40:29

This was me with my 1st. Be honest with everyone, midwife, DH everyone. It will get better but only if you let people help. Can someone take baby for you to let you sleep? What did the midwife say? Hang in there. Xxxx

Robots1Humans0 Sat 17-Feb-18 21:47:28

This was also me with my first but my second is 6 weeks old and I'm like a different mum altogether so I can tell you it does get better ! I cried every time I saw a health professional for weeks and felt so anxious being at home and when the sun went down each evening, I dreaded anything going wrong at night. The best thing I did was talk talk talk it out. I noticed I really started improving when I started going to a baby group and found other mums in the same boat , though I know groups aren't for everyone. Accept any and all help that you are comfortable with. Wishing you well OP Xxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: