Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Itchy episiotomy .. Cystitis

(7 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Thu 30-Nov-17 04:53:40

3 weeks PP from forceps delivery

past two nights my episiotomy area has been extremely itchy, and I also think I have cystitis as my urethra is tender plus my bladder feels full when it's not. I've tried to self help the cystitis but it seems to be OK during the day but bad during the night (im constantly "needing") When I wake during the night my episiotomy area is itchy and almost wet feeling - I'm still in liners with minimum blood but some urine during to a catheter being used during birth and my pelvic floor being shot to bits at the moment. I change my liner every bathroom trip. Again during the day is bearable but at night I'm climbing the walls.

Could cystitis cause the episiotomy area to itch? Or is it two separate matters?

Any self help for either problem? I'm stuck in tomorrow waiting on an emergency call out company coming so can't get to any medical professional. Also would I be best calling the GP, health care team or L&D Ward? (Im discharged from my local midwife team now)

ForTheLoveOfGrace Thu 30-Nov-17 05:50:27

Just saw your other post. As your stuck in is call your GP for telephone apt failing that 111 I expect they'd want to examine you though after your resent delivery. congrats by the way

ForTheLoveOfGrace Thu 30-Nov-17 05:50:43

You're 🙈

sthitch Wed 06-Dec-17 05:53:10

Literally had the same as you, climbing the walls at night with itchiness, I tried a thrush treatment as I had been using wipes to keep it all clean but that didn’t work, I went to the drs 3 times and they found a borderline urine infection but wouldn’t actually treat it, they also recommended using an antihistamine - nothing really worked and to be honest it just ended up going after about a month but it was so bad! I hope you manage to get it sorted.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 06-Dec-17 12:25:45

My itch has eased but the area is tender now. Over granulated scar apparently?

user1496521049 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:51:21

I've had the granulated tissue/scar. Had silver nitrate applied to it yesterday so hoping that will help. If it doesn't get better I would speak to your gp for a referral to the gyno

OnNaturesCourse Thu 07-Dec-17 02:53:53

I will do.

Over granulation seems to "run" in my family so I'm hoping that I can get a fix in place before it gets as bad as I've seen in others.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now