Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Dental sedation

(6 Posts)
MrsLilymunster Mon 13-Nov-17 17:58:38

I am in dire need of dental work but I'm so scare if the dentist in need to have sedation. I've asked a number of people about it (health vistors/midwives rtc ) but no one's given me a straight answer if i can breastfeed still afterwards!! Have anyone had the dreaded post pregnancy teeth problems? ?? Xxx

Haggisfish Mon 13-Nov-17 17:59:46

Yes I'm sure you can. Maybe pump and dump for 12 hours after. How old is dc?

Haggisfish Mon 13-Nov-17 18:02:24

Here you go! No need to pump and dump. breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/wp-content/dibm/dental%20sedation%20and%20breastfeeding.pdf

Haggisfish Mon 13-Nov-17 18:03:25

You might also want to give all the people you asked info about the breastfeeding network who have assessed risk of all manner of drugs and bf!!

doleritedinosaur Mon 13-Nov-17 18:06:10

I needed 4 teeth removed & major cleaning/polishing.
I wasn't sedated but local was used.

Bloody annoyed now reading that last post as the last lot was really hard & local doesn't really work on me.

Just be aware that dentist will not know the correct info.

MrsLilymunster Tue 14-Nov-17 03:37:01

Thanks everyone. She's just over 2 months and I worry because 1. Hubby ain't been on her own before for long with her and 2. She doesn't like bottles at all (try every day to give her a lil expressed so she gets used to them but never takes it from me!!),xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now