Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

First period after birth

(5 Posts)
Scrivs88 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:28:57

Hi ladies, not sure if I'm going mad ! But I feel like I'm having contractions again , and pressure in my back . Do you get alot of pain like this before the first period ? I've taken , ibprofen , dihydracodiene, paracetamol and nothing is touching it . Also a got water bottle and pain gel ! Is that what the first period feels like ? And that painful ?

hollowtree Thu 09-Nov-17 08:36:15

That was me too!

Mine was also very very heavy. I found Iron tablets helped keep my energy up (as much as it can be with a newborn!)

Scrivs88 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:09:49

Aw that's ok just thought I was going mad !! I've been taken iron tablets since I found out ones pregnant! Hopefully it will hurry up! Did it last for long ?

TeddyIsaHe Thu 09-Nov-17 09:14:11

How long since you had baby? Do you have a temperature at all? I would just be slightly cautious in case it’s the start of an infection causing the pain. Might be worth giving your midwife / health visitor a call just to get checked over. Probably nothing to worry about but always better to be safe than sorry!

Scrivs88 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:34:59

It's been 9 weeks since I gave birth . Not had a temp either .x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now