Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Post baby 👶 aching !

(7 Posts)
lorza03 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:54:04

28/10/2017 08:50 lorza03

I currently have baby no 2 who is 4 months old. I also have a 2yr old and ever since my first pregnancy I have suffered with pain I. My ankles terrible in a morning really have to hold on the bannister to get down stairs and also painful wrists

I thought at first it was my weight but since dd 2 I have lost 2 stone and am still loosing but eating healthy as also EBF. Just starting to wonder if any one else has had this and is it normal after having children it hurts is painful have restricted movement and feeling so old and I'm only 27 any advice would be amazing x

user1499786242 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:48:57

I don't have pain In my foot but I do have pain in my back and hips, and generally feel like an old woman!
Started when my baby was a few months old
Had very mild pain during the end of the pregnancy but nothing like it is now
Baby toddler is now 2 and I've been fobbed off all this time!
Recently got pregnant again and the pain has gotten so bad
I think I have to admit I'm struggling and visit the gp! I'm willing to beg for help
Not sure if it's the hormones or just general strain on our bodies but its very depressing isn't it?
Have you seen the doctor?

DaisyDaisydoo Mon 30-Oct-17 17:53:05

I have this in my ankles too! DS is 3 months. Walking down the stairs is agony in the morning. I put it down to bad trainers when I got back into exercising and weak ankles from the pregnancy weight but I eventually googled and it seems it is indeed ‘a thing’. Not sure there is much to be done about it but sometimes it just helps to put a reason to it I guess. I’m hoping it passes soon!

DaisyDaisydoo Mon 30-Oct-17 17:54:52

Oh just saw you have had it since your first baby 😩 I never got it first time round. It’s crazy the unexpected side effects we suffer!

SquareWord Mon 30-Oct-17 17:57:04

I had this after my first baby. It would hurt to even pick her up some days. It lasted for around a year and then gradually improved. I didn't experience it with DC2.

HoneyWheeler Mon 30-Oct-17 18:01:27

Hey OP, I don’t want to frighten you but my cousin developed rheumatoid arthritis after giving birth. It’s extremely rare but I’d definitely mention it to your GP.

Eleast Wed 01-Nov-17 21:26:31

I had it with the soles of my feet for a month or two I would be in so much pain walking down the stairs, after about five minutes they would be ok but I’d wake with them all stiff. I do however still wake a year later with my entire rib cage feeling stiff and aching. My dr told me it was stress and that I was so worn out and tense that my body couldn’t relax when I was asleep and woke feeling worse. I’m not sure it’s true though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now