Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Is there such a thing as a flattering nursing top?

(7 Posts)
HaggisMuncher Wed 18-Oct-17 19:02:21

That doesn't cling to the bits that shouldn't be clung to? Every one I have tried makes me want to weep sad

Callamia Wed 18-Oct-17 19:07:45

Jojo have got some much improved ones (I like their jumper and the yellow jersey one). I'm wearing a Isabella Oliver one right now (Asos sale, I'm not made of money), and that's pretty flattering - longline and dark grey.

Does Mamafeelsgood still exist? I have a black double layer top from there that I love.

Gap sometimes have reasonable things, but otherwise go for a vest top under your regular top/jumper. Or wear shirts?

beela Wed 18-Oct-17 19:10:08

No. They are all hideous.

Strappy vest under a looser normal top. Top layer up, strappy vest down (you need one with stretchy straps). Keeps your tummy warm, and you don't need to invest in special clothes.

IheartCaptainHolt Wed 18-Oct-17 19:13:31

I agree with PP, invest in some vests!

Anatidae Wed 18-Oct-17 19:14:50

I came here to say exactly what beela has.

Vest down, top up, wear your normal tops.

All nursing clothing I’ve ever seen has been universally hideous. Utterly depressing. Maternity clothing too, if you can even find the bloody stuff. I just wore maternity jeans (the sole, wonderful exception) and my normal tops and all my normal tunics and dresses all the way through.

Oh another tip is wrap jersey dresses with a vest under - slash the vest on the top panel a few inches under the bra line - then you can feed in a wrap dress too (of course you can just use a wrap dress alone but I find a lot of them quite gapey.)

sourpatchkid Wed 18-Oct-17 19:16:34

You know what I've taken to doing? Buying primark vests and cutting holes where my nipples are and wearing normal clothes aside from that. I wish I'd thought if it 11 months ago! Nursing bra don't - nipple though small hole , practically entirely covered up.

sourpatchkid Wed 18-Oct-17 19:17:32

*down not don't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now