Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

6 weeks post partum.. drinking a lot

(2 Posts)
lucyst87 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:54:49

I had my baby 6 weeks ago and have recently found myself needing to drink.. a lot. I had a traumatic experience with my ex partner who was abusive after the birth of our child, and had an affair whilst I was pregnant, (giving birth!) and after the birth of our son.
I now have a wonderful partner and on paper should be happy, and although I don't feel unhappy I feel constantly anxious and keep thinking about the difficult times in my previous relationship. I don't know how to bring this up with my current partner or anyone for that matter.. sad

Simmy10 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:17:00

Bless you. Please dont let your ex partner ruin your present and future. I know this is easier said than done. Have you told your health visitor how you are feeling? she may be able to advise on support groups or who you can talk to one2one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: