We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Eating nuts?

(7 Posts)
asongforthelovers Mon 09-Oct-17 20:12:38

Can newborns have allergies to nuts? I’m not breastfeeding baby but not 100% sure if it’s best not to eat and be near baby?

Sorry if daft question.

MySecretToTell Mon 09-Oct-17 20:15:45

I have no idea what the answer to this question is but I for sure ate loads of nuts/but butters post birth. I also ate peanut and almond butter throughout both of my pregnancies. It's recommended now. I wouldn't worry unless you think your child has a higher risk of allergy than others.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Mon 09-Oct-17 20:16:14

You’ll be fine. DH has nut allergies so we get the most up to date advice re nuts. The most current research says that early exposure (before 3 or 4 years) is best.

pissedoffateveryone Mon 09-Oct-17 20:16:24

Very reasonable question, I wouldn’t recommend just in case, but i’m sure you’re fine. Not if breastfeeding just to be safe xgrin

MySecretToTell Mon 09-Oct-17 20:16:28

Contrast on your baby btw smile

pissedoffateveryone Mon 09-Oct-17 20:17:20

Never mind me! didn’t read up properly!

asongforthelovers Mon 09-Oct-17 20:25:31

Thanks guys. I have a bag of pistachios waiting for me and I didn’t want to eat them incase I wasn’t meant to.

Can at least make myself happy before bed and woken up most of the night 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now