Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Life after section

(8 Posts)
Lewow30 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:00:43

Hey everyone...
So it's looking like I'll be having an c section. Hubby will be having a max of 2 weeks off, my main concern is how I'm going to manage the school run after. It's only about a 7 min walk but will I be okay pushing the pram? Or is a baby carrier the better option. Or shall I risk driving but then have to lift car seat out.
Any tips much appreciated.

MyYoniFromHull Sat 07-Oct-17 14:02:47

I've had two emergency sections. I'd have been OK with a short walk with a pram (on fairly flat ground) as long as the bigger child is not too much of a lunatic

RedDahlia Sat 07-Oct-17 14:18:43

I’ve also had 2. First time I could have managed walking, the second one took me a full 6 weeks to stand up straight (saying that it was an emcs with forceps). I guess you don’t know how you’re going to react. Can you organise a lift with another Mum for 2 weeks maybe?

Changerofname987654321 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:21:25

You are not advised to drive for 6 weeks after c section because doing an emergency stop will tear your sitches.

PressPaws Sat 07-Oct-17 14:45:08

I had a planned c section 3 months ago. After 2 weeks I could've managed a short flat walk with a pram (not pushing up a hill). Lifting a car seat in and out - definitely not.

Lewow30 Sat 07-Oct-17 15:12:39

Thanks everyone. It's pretty flat so I'm hoping I'll manage it. I do have friends and family offering to help but my boys are both quite sensitive and I don't want to unsettle them even more by not taking them in. Especially as youngest has just started.
Thanks again

Lules Sat 07-Oct-17 15:16:32

Echoing the others, I'm 2 weeks after a section and a walk with the pram would be fine if I could walked slowly. I couldn't lift the car seat in and out.

calamityjam Sat 07-Oct-17 15:23:34

I have had 4 sections and honestly recovered fine. I know everyone recovers differently, but after 2 weeks I could do everything I normally did. I drove after 3 weeks because I rang my insurance company who said it was OK. I was walking to do the school run the day after I came home with the 3 younger ones as my dh had to go back to work as he was self employed and I didn't have anyone else to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now