Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Am I feeding enough?

(4 Posts)
outnumbered4 Thu 05-Oct-17 18:50:03

My baby is a week old today, I am breastfeeding and she has taken to it really well.

The first few days she fed every 2/3 hours through the day then cluster fed for hours through the night but the last day or 2 she has dropped to feeding every 3/4 hours without the cluster feeding.
She is doing wet/dirty nappies regularly and is alert when she's awake so I'm not concerned she's not getting enough yet, but should I be waking her to feed more regularly or should I just carry on feeding her when she wants it?

strongandlong Thu 05-Oct-17 20:46:59

That sounds ok to me. The cluster feeding will probably come back in the coming weeks, but I always found it went in phases.

Alert and lots of heavy nappies sound good!

outnumbered4 Fri 06-Oct-17 07:57:40

Thank you, we actually had a few hours of cluster feeding through the night again last night so that's sorted that out! I will just carry on letting her be in charge she obviously knows what she's doing grin

MeatAndPotato Fri 13-Oct-17 23:39:20

You’re doing great OP, goodluck with your new bubs flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: