Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

DTD After 4th Degree Tears...

(2 Posts)
LetItRain88 Sun 24-Sep-17 22:25:16

Hello Tried to post this in the 'sex' topic but not been a member for long enough yet so been advised to try here.

So I know it's only early days, I had a pretty traumatic birth just under three weeks ago resulting in 4th degree tears.

Amazingly I physically seem to feel ok now. The bleeding has pretty much completely stopped, it doesn't hurt to pee anymore, can number 2 with no issues (soz if TMI), I can sit with no issues etc. The only thing I really have a problem with is discomfort from the stitches but it's not all the time. Tbh I am surprised at how soon I feel ok down there- cautiously optimistic that I'm over the worst of it.

I know it's obviously too soon to jump back into a full on sex life right now, but wondering if anyone else has a similar experience with this type of tear and recovery and how long you waited to have sex? Mentally and emotionally I want it but physically I know it will still be a while yet.

Seen some posts and ladies have been waiting months, years or just never did it ever again which terrifies me! Xx

Boomies Fri 06-Oct-17 22:32:45

Hi I'm 1year post 4th degree tear. DTD after 6week check and cried+ to start through fear mostly, think I'd underestimated the emotional trauma of everything, but it did hurt also. Anyway once I'd got over that it was ok but painful, I had pain prob until 9months post delivery but not bad enough to stop us. It's prob worth saying through that my repair was good and I didn't have any continence issues etc. Just pain and scar tissue. What I would say is pelvic floor exercises and colon exercises are essential and assuming no you've been referred to women's health physio really do the work it makes a huge difference to recovery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now