Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Stopped bleeding 7 days after birth now started again bright red

(9 Posts)
emjellis1991 Wed 13-Sep-17 14:50:36

I had my little girl on the 5th September all good and healthy.

I had a foreceps delivery and an episiotomy.

They cut me and I had a slight tear to the side too.

I was bleeding after birth which turned to a yellow/red colour on day 7 after birth.

Today day 8 it has started again bright red! Should I be concerned or worried, tried to book into my doctors but no appointments available. First time mum and very worried and confused with what is happening. sad

Orangedaisy Wed 13-Sep-17 14:58:48

I would recommend you talk to your midwife as they know you/your birth/history etc. But fwiw this happened to me too and my midwife said it was normal.

GodIsDead Wed 13-Sep-17 14:59:57

In my experience, that is normal. My bleeding stopped and started for 6 weeks postpartum.

emjellis1991 Wed 13-Sep-17 15:01:07

Ok thank you I have tried to call her but can't get through it's a nightmare. Iv also run out of my pain killers and the pain is getting worse my main tear seems to have healed up nicely but the side tear looks a bit sore my partner said. I'm just panicking loads! My body feels all over the place

Orangedaisy Wed 13-Sep-17 15:09:23

Very normal to feel like that! And congrats on the baby btw. Keep trying the midwife, that's what they are there for. Failing that try the hospital-the post natal care should keep going for a few weeks following birth.

demirose87 Wed 13-Sep-17 15:14:43

For me I've always bled very sporadically after birth, it's eased off and then started again, eased off and started and then normally by the time it stops, my period returns. Bled for 7 weeks after my last pregnancy but that was a c section. It sounds like it could be normal, but definitley speak to your midwife or doctor for reassurance.

emjellis1991 Wed 13-Sep-17 15:17:55

Thank you everyone I didn't realise I could still ring the hospital I will try the midwife and then the hospital if that fails. Thank you! smile

emjellis1991 Thu 14-Sep-17 08:42:11

Just an update I went to the hospital to be checked over and the doctor said everything looks fine they advised that because my pain killers have run out they will have come out of my system now and that's why the pain will be increasing as it leaves my system, just glad there is no infection or anything wrong! Thanks everyone for your advice

demirose87 Thu 14-Sep-17 08:54:08

That's a relief, glad everything is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now