Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Am I depressed? Surely I'd know if I was?

(4 Posts)
BeakyFlapdoodle Wed 28-Jun-17 15:48:56

The gist is:

Second baby is now 6 months old. Eldest is 2.5
Husband works v. long hours and we live away from family.
Dd1 goes to nursery 1 day a week but other than that all childcare is down to me from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep.
I am beyond knackered and haven't had a full nights sleep for over a year.
For about the last month I've felt tearful every day. I know that I love my children, but I'm starting to feel as though I really can't cope and I don't want to make their lives miserable by being so down all the time. I can't really see a way of things getting better and I don't know who to ask
for help. I have lovely friends, but they all have children of similar ages. My parents aren't very helpful - divorced and enjoying time with their new partners. My mum comes to 'help' once every few months and ends up making life more difficult. The last time she came, she suggested that she thought I had PND...which wasn't helpful...but now I'm wondering whether she was right.
Any advice?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 28-Jun-17 15:52:08

Maybe a visit to the doc wouldn't hurt, saying what you've said here? Does sound like you are doing an awful lot on your own.

YesMadamDeputySpeaker Wed 28-Jun-17 16:01:25

I would also advise a visit to your GP. There is a limit to what all of us can put up with and sometimes asking for help from a qualified professional is needed.

From what you've said it sounds an awful lot like PND. But only you and your doctor can work out what it really is, so make an appointment and then things will go from there.

Best wishes, and even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment, this will pass. flowers

niqnet1 Thu 06-Jul-17 23:44:39

Might be off point completely but you didn't stop breastfeeding recently did you? Only asking as I had massive hormone crash after stopping when second baby was 5.5 months and felt like you describe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: