Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Midwife not turning up

(4 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Tue 13-Jun-17 15:12:21

Have waited in all day again & doesn't look like she's going to show up again. We should have been discharged from midwives by now as baby is nearly 3 weeks old, but he lost weight after birth as usual, but then didn't put any on in the week after that so have been kept on until he's back up to birth weight.
They were supposed to come last Monday, waited in all day, no show, and then they turned up on the Tuesday when I was falling asleep so I was a bit hmm
Today is looking like it's going the same way but I won't be able to wait in for the rest of the week as I've got things arranged & I'll have to do the school runs etc. What happens then?

Of course the number they give you to ring constantly goes through to an automatic message saying no one is in the office at the moment & if it's an emergency to go to a&e blah blah blah!

JonSnowsWhore Tue 13-Jun-17 15:55:59

Bump seeing as they have 5 mins left & still not turned up!

endofthelinefinally Tue 13-Jun-17 15:58:29

Could you just take him to the clinic, get him weighed and ask the HV to sort it out/ tell the midwives?

JonSnowsWhore Tue 13-Jun-17 16:05:20

He was weighed at the clinic on Friday & had put on a bit of weight, the health visitor there said to ring them today with his weight from the midwife as today should be the day he's reached/gone past his birth weight. I'm 99% sure he has so not really worried about that, but how do I get discharged from them if they don't turn up confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now