Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

How long did it take for you to stop looking pregnant?

(14 Posts)
mintich Wed 24-May-17 16:56:36

I gave birth 6 days ago but still look 6 months pregnant! I know part of the reason I am still swollen is because I had a traumatic birth resulting in them literally pushing on my uterus to pump blood out of it.
But still.....how long did it take until you stopped looking pregnant?

Ginmakesitallok Wed 24-May-17 16:57:59

Dd is 13 now - and I look more pregnant than ever

mintich Wed 24-May-17 17:17:48

@Ginmakesitallok grin

smellsofelderberries Thu 25-May-17 01:39:55

6 days is nothing. I think it was about 10 weeks that things felt a little more normal for me. Some things have permanently changed though. My hips are wider and my tummy muscles are still stretched so doing Pilates now in the hopes it might tone things a little more. Give yourself time.

RuthB4 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:42:19

I gave birth 3 weeks ago and still have a bump but I'm sure it's normal. It has definitely gone down and I'm in no rush! I'm giving myself 6 weeks to relax and enjoy DD2 and eat cake etc (both my hubby and my mum keep buying my sweet treats to 'help' with milk supply!! Not that I need help, I have so much milk!! grin ) But after that I plan to eat more carefully.

SeratoninIsMyFriend Thu 01-Jun-17 22:46:14

Check (or ask to be checked) for diastasis recti (diverification of abdominal muscles as sometimes the abs have parted so much your tummy will not be contained by them. Google it! Pilates & physio is usually helpful, gp can refer you for the latter often.

Iamastonished Thu 01-Jun-17 23:15:05

Everyone is different, and for every woman who took three weeks there will be ten more who took at least ten times longer.

Breastfeeding helps, but don't beat yourself up if you are unable to do so. And congratulations on your new baby.

Newmum102 Tue 27-Jun-17 07:50:16

I'm just over 2 weeks and starting to feel/look a bit more me. I still have a slight tum, but I found that it started to reduce a fair amount between 10-14 days. I had a Csection so will be a wee bit longer before I can get back to the gym etc

gigi556 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:06:16

I think everyone is different. I was "all baby". My stomach was a little big but I didn't look pregnant anymore immediately. I was really surprised. I'd say within a week my stomach was flatter than pre-pregnancy. That said, I feel really squishy. I need to tone up. So I'm back to pre pregnancy weight but my old jeans don't fit.., I think I lost a lot of muscle and gained fat...

gigi556 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:07:00

Sorry forgot to say I'm now 3 week weeks post partum

rugratowner Tue 27-Jun-17 08:26:04

I took 3 weeks to no longer have a bump. After about 6 my tummy was much flatter. Still soft at 6 months! But that's because I haven't done any tiny exercises

RoseVase2010 Tue 27-Jun-17 08:31:15

Over a year. My abdominal muscles split and I had to physically hold it all in. I've always been tall and slim so I looked like an Oxfam advert with skinny limbs and a pot belly.

mintich Tue 27-Jun-17 08:40:40

I'm now 5 weeks post natal and the tummy has reduced a lot so now I don't look pregnant but my tummy still looks fat and squishy. I think I'm quite surprised that all my weight is there. Arms and legs are still slim, although my face still looks a bit plump!

22WR Tue 27-Jun-17 22:03:54

I'm 6 weeks post partum and whilst I no longer look pregnant and my stomach is flat again, I'm still over a stone heavier than pre pregnancy, my arse and thighs are huge and I'm a good dress size bigger than pre pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now