Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Can you get a massage while breastfeeding?

(7 Posts)
Sammy592 Mon 22-May-17 19:30:00

Hi

My little girl is 8weeeks old. I am currently breastfeeding her.

I just had a massage and now realise about toxins being released from the body? Will this effect my milk for my baby? Can it harm her?

Another alarming thing was a woman who mentioned about my c section? Have I done this 2 soon?

Any light that can be shed on this would be much appreciated smile xx

SayNoToCarrots Mon 22-May-17 19:34:24

I got massages whilst pregnant. They just stayed a way from my boobs (as usual). What toxins are your storing up in your muscles that are going to harm your baby?

SayNoToCarrots Mon 22-May-17 19:34:43

Not pregnant, breastfeeding

Sammy592 Mon 22-May-17 20:02:13

Thanks for getting back to me. I just was unsure because when lady told me to drink loads of water to flush out the toxins as every masseur would and it dawned on me... so was thinking it could come out in my milk.? Not sure where it goes .

SayNoToCarrots Wed 24-May-17 06:51:57

I have never been told to flush out toxins after s Massage - I think is just non-scientists saying words that make them sound fancy. I've been told to drink water as massages dehydrate you. You might find this page useful:

www.painscience.com/articles/drinking-water-after-massage.php

PotteringAlong Wed 24-May-17 06:53:38

If the toxins in your body would damage your baby they would already be damaging your baby! You will be fine.

Sammy592 Wed 24-May-17 07:37:53

Thank you for your replies. My mind is now at rest. I need to stop worrying so much !x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now