Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Anxiety

(6 Posts)
wingingit2 Sat 20-May-17 07:48:25

Hi all, my LG is 4 months and from the start has been a good baby, she sleeps through and is generally a really happy and content little thing. She has a touch of reflux and has been on gaviscon for about a week which I think has helped, she's definitely sick less but is still such a pain to feed her! The first half is fibe then she'll come off the bottle, burp arc and sometimes it's a battle to get her back on and keep her on. She wiggled and messes about. I persevere and get it in her but I feel like it's making me anxious and stressed and I'm having a hard time with it. I wake in the morning instantly feeling anxious with nervous belly and can feel quite sick. Anyone with any advice or similar experience?

Newtothis11 Sat 27-May-17 02:42:28

Is it specifically the feeding that makes you anxious or is it wider than this?? If it's doecific tell yourself all the things that are going well- gaining weight, wet nappies, sleep etc it is your job to help make feeding easier by doing what your doing - it's not easy but nine of this is. She wouldn't be doing all the good stuff if this was affecting her too much. Weaning just around the corner which will help

wingingit2 Sat 27-May-17 08:27:23

Thankyou for replying. It is/was specific to feeding and is a lot better as I've worked at calming down and going with the flow a bit more. She can still be fussy at times but I try not to fret and your advice is spot on x

wingingit2 Sat 27-May-17 08:27:23

Thankyou for replying. It is/was specific to feeding and is a lot better as I've worked at calming down and going with the flow a bit more. She can still be fussy at times but I try not to fret and your advice is spot on x

Newtothis11 Sat 27-May-17 08:45:54

Know what you mean- I'm generally more anxious than I was before. For me it's not feeding but sleep that I fret about- having enough/ too little etc. I try to go with the flow bit it's tough.

wingingit2 Sat 27-May-17 09:09:02

I thought second time round I'd be more relaxed but actually think I've been the opposite! I worry if she doesn't finish the bottle she won't sleep as well at night, we always find something to worry about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now